Do you want a thorough “test, don’t guess” approach?
My fulfillment in my work comes from seeing amazing results with my patients and to see patients take control of their health and transform themselves into stronger, energetic, and more focussed people. I have an immense passion to master my chiropractic technique, to study functional medicine, ancestral nutrition and lifestyle habits and to use my knowledge and skills to help patients like you overcome their health challenges.
I have developed a pretty unique blend of chiropractic care and functional nutrition (aka functional medicine) to deal with acute and chronic health problems: pain (low back pain, neck pain, headaches, etc.), gut problems (irritable bowel syndrome, heartburn and GERD, food intolerances) and fatigue. In chiropractic and functional nutrition we recognize the key to long term healing is addressing the underlying cause of the problem rather than suppressing symptoms as conventional medicine does. We also understand when it comes to treatment, there really isn’t a one size fits all approach. We don’t treat the disease, we treat the individual. And that’s what my approach is all about:
In both chiropractic care and functional nutrition I use a “test, don’t guess” holistic approach with my patients:
- I use Chiropractic Care to help re-establish proper movement and alignment of the spine and extremities which in turn is vital to optimize brain and nerve function. I use a technique which tests the patient’s nervous system and strength prior to their treatment, and tests for an increase in their nervous system response and strength after their treatment. (Applied Kinesiology)
- I use Functional Nutrition to investigate the underlying cause of inflammation which is one of the main causes of chronic illness. I use use comprehensive lab tests for analyzing the following:
- Gut (infections, imbalances in good and bad bacteria, bacterial overgrowth or SIBO, inflammatory markers)
- Food intolerances
- Hypothalamic–pituitary–adrenal axis Dysfunction (HPA-D) (aka adrenal fatigue) . This is your system that governs your response to stress and your tolerance to stress. We measures levels and imbalances of hormones like cortisol (stress hormone), sex hormones, and melatonin (sleep hormone), and if these hormones are being broken down properly.
- Blood Chemistry
- Treatment might include all or some of the following: dietary changes, supplementation, lifestyle and behaviour modifications.
The kind of testing and treatment (chiropractic and/or functional nutrition) I recommend is based on a patient’s history, physical examination results, lab results and individual circumstances, goals, and needs.